Friday, January 26, 2007

Grace...

Grace is one of those things that looks so beautiful in the abstract, and maybe even more beautiful in reality, and yet sometimes it is so hard to find it within ourselves.

I had a best friend through most of my growing up years that was closer than a sister. However about twelve years ago we had a falling out of sorts. I have mentioned this on this blog in the past but the long and short of the story is that she chose to honor another friendship she had over our friendship. I didn’t ask her to make that choice but in the process of taking advantage of me that is exactly what she did. All of these years I have worked hard to put that hurt behind me. And I think that I have.

Oddly enough in the last month I have had an opportunity to have dealings with her sister. I have gone out of my way to be extra helpful and sweet to her. I have tried to give good advice and was going the extra mile to help her out. Well, one day this week she calls me up and goes over some things I have told her and then tells me that she has found a better rate somewhere else. Then she says she loves me….and hangs up.

Business is business right? So why do I feel the sting of rejection all over again? Why can’t I just find grace in my heart and forget about it?

Comments:
Oh friend Donna, I hate stuff like this. It's like having the scab kicked off a hurtful sore.
God hasn't given me the ability to forget, but he has given me the ability to look past the hurt...sometimes. The deeper the wound, the harder it is to move past the pain.
I don't think forgetting is a sign of grace. I think not being able to totally forget is a sign of being human.
Grace is the ability to forgive, remember and not hold it against someone. IMHO
 
It never feels good when you're not chosen, no matter what it's about.
 
This post made me think of the famous words of Mark Twain: "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heal that has crushed it."

When I was looking this one up to see if I had it right, I came across this one: Forgiveness is one of the many horrible side effects of loving someone." (Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive, 12-29-05)

Grace to you,
-bill
Spiritual Oasis Blog
 
Do you remember this exhange in 'Moonlighting'...?

"Do you love him?"

"Ma, I love him something awful."

"Oh God, that's too bad."

Keep on loving people. Even the ones who aren't worthy of it. That's what you-know-Who did... because that's the way you-know-who are; all of us.
 
...

...

...

(a big hug is being applied here)

"... sometimes there just aren't enough rocks ..."

we try to make things better, but we can never make things all better. no matter how hard we try, we screw it up.

we can't do it right. God will do it right.

i think that it isn't you doing it wrong. they had something done to them, and they think that hurting someone else will allow them to not hurt as bad. i may be way, way, way off base, but i have had things similar happen to me. it hurts so bad.

here's a big hug for you.

its gonna get better. i can't wait for that day, can you?
 
Rejection is always tough. I can't explain why your heart still feels pain but it definitely appears to be connected to the memories from past. We talk about the heart healing from old wounds but I don't know if they ever really go away.
 
k2 - love that 'Forrest Gump' scene!
 
Hard to embrace the rejection without letting it define you. I have had two difficult seperations with brothers over the years and in each case jealousy and manipulation was involved. It is hard but necessary to let these things go. The rejection says more about them than it does about you. Blessings of grace to you Donna!
 
Words never found in Scripture anywhere: "Hey, this is business..."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?