Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007!

Happy New Year!
I read where several of you went back and did “the best of 2006” from your blogs. That is a great idea, but I find myself getting too bogged down in what I wrote. I read every entry if I go back….not a bad thing, but just not something I have time for right now.

However, I did discover my resolutions for 2006 and I thought I would share them with you;

Goals for 2006

  1. Quit being a church member. I want to be a Christian, a disciple, an apprentice of Jesus. I want to learn what he did and try to become more and more like him. I want to grow myself spiritually and take this grown-up self to worship with other Christians. I will still worship in the same place with the same people. I just don’t want to be defined by my local church. I just want to be a Christian. (although wouldn’t it be great if my church were defined by me….and it was a good thing!)
  2. Get organized. I have paid lip service to this in the past but have lacked the motivation to take it beyond that. The reason I want to be organized is to allow myself more time to enjoy the things that I want to do, while still getting the things done that I HAVE to do. This will not be the flip of a switch for me. It will require an ongoing commitment.
  3. Write it down. I want to start a “journal” of sorts for each of my grandchildren. I want to have that as a gift for them later in their lives. I also want to spend some time with my Mom & Dad and get there story “down”.
  4. Get fit! I am not going to obsess about weight or inches, but I want to be in good shape. I made major improvements in 2005 but I want to keep going just to keep this earthly house in the best shape that I can.
  5. Become a people person. I want to know people better. I want to be a friend, a helper, an advocate and sometimes even a confronter. I want to experience the joys and yes the sorrows of making myself more open and accessible to people.

It will take more time than I currently have to tell you how I failed and succeeded in the preceding pursuits. But I will get back with you on that. Sometimes writing stuff down causes a level of accountability that you are not accustomed to…. I will also update my goals for the coming year.

We had a great time at the beach. We had no internet connection and that became a blessing of peace for me. I did a lot of good reading and David and I watched several movies. I love the peace I get from just hearing the sound of the waves break on the shore.

Let’s get it started…..a great 2007!!


Comments:
A great 2007...let's get it started! I'm all about that!

Looking forward to hearing your take on your year.
 
Let's pray that we stay focus this year.
 
I like your idea of a journal for your little ones. If you can get the "organized resolution" down it will be a cherished treasure for them. Glad you had fun on the beach. Sounds relaxing. Simply christians...lets get that started. Happy New Year.
 
I'm a frequent reader but don't comment enough. But I had to chirp up here. Your journal for the grandchildren - you do that already on your beautiful blogs for them! Or its at least a strong start. I read your blog and look at the pictures and read about your family and wish so much that my mom was more like you and her relationship was even half of what yours is with your grandkids.

(And #2 is a goal of mine too!)
 
Glad New Year's went well for you. You are more of a planner than I am. Success is less important than progress. Hang in there!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?