Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hurry....

Back in November, on the day I was going to have my eye-surgery, things got a little stressed. We left the house in plenty of time but when we have traveled the length of our road I realized I had forgotten my prescription. I knew that I would need the drops, not to mention the pain pills that had been prescribed. So we turned around, went home and picked it up. Now we were in a time crunch. Well we stopped at CVS and I went inside to leave the prescription. They told me it would be about 20 minutes……well we didn’t have 20 minutes so I told her we would pick it up on the way back.

Trying to rush out the door where we would have time to grab a biscuit I got behind a little old man who had about 10 cases of soft drinks on his cart. (Obviously they were on sale that week). Well you guessed it, as he got out the door a couple of the cases fell off of the cart and the boxes broke and soft drinks went everywhere. I moved his buggy closer to his van for him and proceeded to pick up all of the ones on the ground. As I was trying to rush away he said he wanted to give me something. Well of course I didn’t want him to give me anything….so I said “That’s OK” and ran to the car where David was waiting.

Well this man was not to be so easily put aside. He drove his van over to block our car and gave me the object that he wanted me to have. Having no ideal that I was going to be late for an appointment in Huntsville he was sure he had the answer to all of my problems.

What he gave me was a piece of peppermint with the following verse attached. He said that he knew God wanted him to give it to me because I was in such a hurry. He was right….I needed this reminder. Here is the verse:

I "mint" to call and thank you,
But my time is in demand.
I "mint" to say "I love you",
But I knew you'd understand.
I "mint" to send you flowers,
But they cost so much, you know.
I "mint" to pray this morning,
But I have somewhere to go.
I "mint" to say "forgive me",
But that’s so hard to do.
I heard my Lord say,
"Bless you, child".
I hope he "mint" me, too.


When I told this story to my class Terri was sure I had made it up. You can’t make this stuff up…..and I would like to thank Bill for reminding me of this with his post this week.

Comments:
Wow.
 
It's 19 degrees here & I have a sick Kindergartener, but I NEEDED to run to WalMart for some food. After getting Jess in the van & loading up my groceries in the back, there was a very nice man who offered to return my cart for me! Sometimes, the simplest things to us are a HUGE service to others. You could have rushed by that old man & NOT helped, but you did & I'm sure it was a HUGE deal to him, as it is to God too!
 
Another beautiful story, Donna. Thank you for passing the "mint" along!

Blessings to you and yours,
-bill
 
I've seen mints like that in Christian book stores. That is a great story though.
 
I'd like a mint please...and hurry
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?