Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Muddling Through

A Mother’s worst fear is getting a call while asleep from one of her offspring. This morning it was about 5:50 when my daughter called. She had been up all night with a stomach virus. How busy was I this morning? Well, the answer is not too busy to take care of you and/or those sweet babies. Joe had arranged to take off of work to watch the babies so I took Diana to the Doctor. Turns out it is just a virus, that didn’t really take that lovely shade of green out of her complexion, but at least it is not the flu!

When I read back over the resolutions and/or revelations I had during the past year I realize that writing down goals is a good way to keep yourself accountable. I am not ready to write down my goals for the coming year but I guess I can somewhat analyze my successes and failures from last year.

Many things were forced on me last year with my expanding responsibilities. My financial situation changed by a natural slow down in the business due to higher interest rates and due to the fact that I had to miss so much work with the birth and hospitalization of the triplets. At the same time the needs of my immediate family seemed to increase. This caused me to change they way I approached and viewed many things. I lost a lot of the luxury of time and disposable income that I had grown somewhat accustomed to. I think these factors have had a strong impact on all of my successes and failures during the year.
  1. Being a church member: My time at church was curtailed due to my increased responsibilities. I did not have time to “start” any new programs. I was unable to find any programs that I could “plug” into. However, I find myself very hungry for community. I use this “blog-world” to satisfy some of that hunger, but I still need to find a ministry where I can serve. Hopefully one day I will be able to lead again. But for now, I just want to serve. I have failed in finding that ministry.
  2. I did much better on being organized. I still ain’t there….not eve close. But I am in better shape than I was last year.
  3. I am using my “photo-blogs” as my journaling tool for the grandkids. I need to write more, but at least it is an on-going pursuit.
  4. Failed at getting fit….blaming the babies. 2007 will be better, although I did do pretty well on ignoring the number on the scales….
  5. I am better at being a “people person”. I have a long way to go, but I am better.

I like the stuff I realized during the mid-year. It is important to realize what things you can and cannot control. It is good to move on when control is out of reach. Goals/Revelations for 2007 will be coming soon!

I don't suspect anyone else will know or care about this...but in case I go back and read. I decided not to make any other resolution this year other than to get closer to God and to be more like Jesus. Really, when it comes down to it...what else matters?


Comments:
Sounds like you had a good year. There is no future without the past. It is good to reflect and refocus.
 
It's funny how things can change so quickly, and how that can affect other areas of our lives. I'm reminded of Proverbs 16:9, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." So many of the things we plan to do over the course of the year are altered by God. But of course, His plans always work out far better than our own!

Happy New Year to you--and oh yeah, ROLL TIDE!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?