Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thinking about Numbers...

For some reason I never really realized that the story of Balaam was found in Numbers (22). I guess I get so carried away with the talking donkey part of the story that I fail to read it in context. So what do you think about that donkey suddenly talking to old Balaam? Why did he not even think it was strange but just carried on a conversation? He was a little awe-struck when he saw the angel and took a prostrate position. But do you wonder if it was common for animals to talk to prophets? Look folks, I know it don’t matter but I just wonder….

Also, do you think God tells us about people like Balaam where we will know that he always has people who are doing his will and are his messengers whether or not they are known by what is known as “His People”? Just a thought to ponder.

Comments:
Yeah. My daughter most definitely has conversations with the cat. And according to what she says, he does talk back. A miracle indeed.
 
Politician jokes aside, I don't think that animals spoke to prophets or anyone. To me the story communicates the extreme measures that God will use to get our attention ... maybe an ancient verion of "Can you hear Me now?" :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?