Thursday, February 22, 2007

Moving Along...

Someone asked me how I could survive without fast food.....perhaps I need to clarify that I am giving up "Fast Food Restaurants". I will still have my microwave meals, popcorn and Special K Meal Bars.....

I don't think I realized the depth of my addiction until yesterday....I may have been a little grumpy. I think most of the grumpiness came from work related issues as well as a 3 hour meeting... but there was no comfort to be found in the "bottle". (Diet Coke for those of you who may not remember every detail of my highly exciting life)

I wish that I was always the encouraging positive person that I should be in the work place. However, I find that the same standards I set for myself are not necessarily set by others....I should be more patient, kind and sweet.....And I am not usually mean or hateful, I just get quiet, take the job and do it what I like to call "The Right Way".

Alrighty then, I better get to work. The good news is every time I want a Diet Coke (at least 10 times a day) I do think to pray. And I thank God for the wonderful blessings of my life. To give up something that has no nutritional value when many would love to have enough food and drink to just survive....I am most blessed.

Comments:
We are blessed indeed. Although I haven't given up any specific food item, our "Scale Back" plan at the hospital has my tummy growling a little more than usual and I find that I have more of a "growling" attitude as well. This, too, shall pass, right?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?