Friday, September 30, 2005

Books of Life

It is a relief to share my secret with you. It is hard to keep quiet about THREE babies. But I am going to have to agree with Fajita in being glad to see this month go. I can honestly say I have never had a more emotional month (at least that I can remember). And I know that there are many of you who have had your lives turned upside down this month. We finally got that cooler weather from you folks in Texas and it is great! October if full of new promise and excitement.

As I was thinking on sharing secrets this morning I had an interesting thought. Imagine that you have to write two books. The titles are below.
  1. All the Things I Have Done that I Hope You Never Know About
  2. What I Wish You Knew About Me

Which one would be longer? Which one would be more interesting?

If you are like me the 1st one would be the longest, not necessarily because there is more content, but because I remember it more vividly. It is amazing how we can beat ourselves up over some bone-head thing we do, but cannot even remember many of the good things we do. You know I don’t just mean sinful things, like the other day my daughter and I were eating lunch when this guy waved at me. I smiled and waved back and then looked at her and said “I don’t have a clue who that is.” Well when he finished his lunch he started walking over….to the table right behind me….he didn’t have a clue who I was either! You know we remember our mistakes in minute detail.

Maybe we should offer ourselves a little grace. Maybe we should count among our blessings the priveledge we have to do good for someone. Then it is not pride. It is God giving us an opportunity to be him. I think “Let Us Be You” is my favorite song on the new Zoe CD. Let’s don’t sell ourselves short when God is using us. I mean, if you are like me there is always going to be enough in Book 1 to keep us humble…maybe we should focus our energy on Book 2!


Comments:
I just now read your blog to find out you are having three grandbabies! Congratulations and Good lucks are in order!

There is a set of triplets in ME's class at Mother's Day Out. She has an extra long stroller with three little seats in it. When the mother steps into church, we all stand in reverent awe of her!
 
I am glad you shared, too--because I am soooo very excited about he babies!! I am excited to see you next weekend, too. How many hours would that be now???

#1 would be my longest, too--I have done some pretty stupid things--and unfortunately it would probably be more interesting to most people than #2!!

Glad you got the weather--we are absolutely basking in it!!!

JB
 
I think i might entitle my book, "yeah that's right, and then I did this..." and it would be long and funny and you would really feel sorry for me and really, REALLY good about yourself.

Much of what would be covered in this book would require hypnotic memory retrieval because (for my own sanity) I have blocked it out from my memory.

Good luck serving your rapidly expanding family tree.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?