Monday, November 21, 2005

Things I learned in Mississippi

  1. There are no strangers in the body of Christ
  2. A storm is no respecter of persons (or incomes)
  3. JD and family are truly warm, gracious and very welcoming.
  4. No one understands my traveling alone to a place where I had never met anyone (I tried explaining that I KNEW the people..)
  5. People are generous by nature
  6. People everywhere donate clothing and shoes that should be thrown away!
  7. Fresh water is a precious commodity
  8. The church is much more attractive when it is out of the building, where it belongs.
  9. No matter where you are women are territorial about “their” kitchens
  10. 83 year old women have earned the right to be dogmatic (and most I have ever met are!)
  11. You can get by without 95% of your “stuff”.
  12. Some friendships can be formed “instantly” (I hope I get to see Julie again someday)
  13. I really like organization but I do not like “red-tape”.
  14. I do not like being out of control (big surprise there, huh?)
  15. Hugs are sometimes the best thing you can give.
  16. It is easy to lose focus of the “big” picture when doing specific jobs
  17. People are unusually wary of anyone who offers them something for “free”.
  18. Men can be more compassionate and more long winded than women
  19. “Lazy Dog” is a very apropos expression (they lay in the sun ALL DAY)
  20. One genuine “thank you” is both humbling and rewarding

**forgot the camera today, but you can get a better feel for things by checking out JD's pictures here**


Comments:
well put.

I like them all. at the risk of being labeled, the weekend before I faced the same traveling alone question, I felt God tell me that I am never alone as long as I walk with him... I found that to be the best answer to the question.
 
ha ha ha, I agree with the longwinded part. Blah blah blah blah blah
 
Great list, Donna. I shook my camper laughing all the way through them!
 
I can tell your experience was awesome and spiritual. Good for you, and that's from the heart.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?